Sunday 15 February 2009

Photo 3 - All About Contrast

Another oldie, and my first flower, taken on the bridge, Kodak z712IS, outside in natural, overcast light.

As Shot - Approx 420mm, 1/160th, f/6.3, ISO 64


On Flickr


I don't have any lightroom settings because this is from the stone age of using photoshop, but its fairly easy to see whats going on here.

The original JPEG is overly muted, neutral and boring, so i brought in the dark and brought out the colours, Then using layers and masks, I darkened the background and lightened the plant for the contrast and seperation. The proccessed image works because its telling you where to look, and where not to. This is how dodgy photoshop jobs still make it through the cracks into print.

If anyone actually reads this blog please email me to say and I'll keep it going.



No comments: